Best Thermal Hotels In Pamukkale, Türkiye
Pamukkale is a small town located in southwestern Turkey. It is most famous for its distinctive white travertine terraces, which have been used as a natural thermal spa for centuries. The water in Pamukkale’s thermal springs is rich in calcium carbonate, which deposits on the travertine to create unique terraces.
Pamukkale’s thermal springs are said to have therapeutic properties and have been popular with visitors since Roman times. The town was even known as Hierapolis, or “City of Healing,” during the Roman Empire. Today, Pamukkale’s thermal spas are still a major draw for visitors from all over the world.
There are several thermal spas to choose from in Pamukkale, each with its own unique features. The most popular ones include the following:
• Cleopatra’s Pool: This pool is named after the Egyptian queen who supposedly visited Pamukkale in order to bathe in its healing waters. The pool is large and surrounded by travertine terraces, making it a very scenic spot.
• Antique Pool: This pool is said to be over 2,000 years old and was once used by the Roman emperor Hadrian. It is smaller than Cleopatra’s Pool but still surrounded by beautiful travertine terraces.
• Travertine Pools: There are several small pools filled with warm water that flow down from the terraces. The water is naturally warm year-round. Across the terraces, there are a total of seventeen hot springs, which range in temperature from 35 to 100 degrees Celsius (95-212 Fahrenheit).
Best Area To Stay In Pamukkale
There are many places to stay in Pamukkale, but the best area to stay is near the thermal spas. The thermal spas are the main attraction in Pamukkale, so staying close by will allow you to quickly access t There are several hotels and guesthouses in this area, as well as a few restaurants and cafes.
A few accommodation options you might like to look into include:
- Pamukkale Melrose Viewpoint Suites is a central spot with its own swimming pool on site and breakfast included in the price. It’s literally a stone’s throw from the center of Pamukkale town, and it has an onsite restaurant and bar for evening chills
- Bellamaritimo Hotel – This is another very close hotel with a shuttle to the travertines. This small hotel feels family-run but has a swimming pool and a small restaurant that provides breakfast every morning
- Hierapark Thermal & Spa Hotel – This one is awe-inspiring, although slightly further away from Pamukkale. The hotel has an onsite spa and a huge swimming pool. There is a shuttle that goes into town
- Venus Suite Hotel is a very popular hotel, and it’s a stone’s throw from the town center itself. The views from the rooms are second to none, and breakfast is included, which can be eaten al fresco during the summer
- Lycus River Thermal Hotel – At just 2 miles away from Pamukkale itself, this hotel is a five-star choice that many people choose for the relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price, and it’s an awe-inspiring choice for anyone who wants to chill out
- Richmond Pamukkale Thermal – we stayed here and totally regretted it. I had seen that the hotel had a thermal pool and dinner included with a family suite with enough beds for all of us, which was hard to find. As we needed to work and the kids love to swim, I thought the extra money would be worth it. Let me tell you, it wasn’t. The pool water is brown (they said due to the iron content) and smells bad. My kids looked horrified when we went swimming. We turned around and went back to the bedroom. And the dinner, well, let me tell you, it’s chaos. Hoards of people clamoring for pide and grilled meats. I should have saved my money and stayed at one of the above places
You may also opt to stay at the thermal spas we’ve highlighted below if you prefer to stay right where the thermal action is!
Herakles Thermal Hotel
Herakles Thermal Hotel in Pamukkale is a must-visit for any traveler to Pamukkale. The hotel’s setting is simply stunning, surrounded by lush gardens and cascading waterfalls. The hotel boasts its own private thermal spring, as well as a Roman-style pool and spa. Guests can also enjoy Turkish baths and massages..
Hierapark Thermal & Spa
Hierapark Thermal & Spa is one of Pamukkale’s most popular thermal spas. It is known for its stunning natural setting, range of treatments and facilities, and excellent service.
The spa is set in a beautiful valley with a view of the nearby mountains. There are a range of different pools and baths, as well as saunas, steam rooms, and massage rooms. The spa offers a range of different treatments, including traditional Turkish baths, mud baths, and massages.
The staff at Hierapark Thermal & Spa are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and they make sure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If you’re looking for the best hotel in Pamukkale, Hierapark Thermal & Spa is definitely worth checking out! The spa is clean and well-maintained, and the facilities are top-notch..
Colossae Thermal Hotel
Colossae Thermal Hotel is one of the best thermal spas in Pamukkale. It is located in the ancient city of Colossae, which was founded in the 4th century BC.
The hotel has a large outdoor pool with views of the surrounding mountains, as well as an indoor pool and a spa. The thermal springs at Colossae Thermal Hotel are some of the hottest in Pamukkale, with temperatures reaching up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
The hotel also has a restaurant and bar, and guests can enjoy Turkish baths and massage treatments. Colossae Thermal Hotel is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate, and it will surely provide an unforgettable experience..
Pamukkale Thermal Ece Hotel
Pamukkale Thermal Ece Hotel is one of the best thermal spas in Pamukkale. The hotel has a total of 12 pools, all of which are filled with water from the nearby hot springs. The pools are open year-round, making them the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind.
The hotel also offers a variety of other treatments, such as massages, Turkish baths, and saunas. You can also purchase souvenirs and gifts from the hotel’s gift shop. Pamukkale Thermal Ece Hotel is the perfect place to unwind, relax, and enjoy the benefits of the thermal springs..
Pam Thermal Hotel & Clinic
Pam Thermal Hotel & Clinic is one of the most famous thermal spas in Pamukkale. It is known for its beautiful setting, its excellent facilities and services, and its therapeutic treatments. The hotel has a wide range of services and facilities, including a spa, a fitness center, a pool, and a restaurant. The hotel also offers a variety of therapeutic treatments, such as massage, acupuncture, and reflexology..
Doga Thermal Health & Spa
Doga Thermal Health & Spa is one of the most popular thermal spas in Pamukkale. It is known for its healing waters and beautiful setting. The spa is located in a natural cave, and the thermal waters are said to have therapeutic properties. The hotel offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps..
Richmond Pamukkale Thermal Resort
Richmond Pamukkale Thermal Resort is one of the best thermal spas in Pamukkale, Turkey. The resort is located in the heart of the ancient city of Hierapolis and overlooks the famous calcium terraces. The spa has a large pool with natural thermal water that is rich in minerals, and there are also several massage rooms and saunas. The Richmond Pamukkale Thermal Resort is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate, and it is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a luxury spa experience..
- Best Hotels In Cappadocia Turkey
- Best Places To Visit In Turkey For Every Type Of Traveler
- Incredible Black Sea Resorts
- Hotels In Cappadocia Turkey
- What To Pack For Turkey
- 5 Reasons To Visit Gallipoli, Turkey
- How To Get From Istanbul To Cappadocia
- Cappadocia Hot Air Ballon Ride Tips
- Greek Island Day Trip From Southern Turkey
- Turkish Hammam Tips To Know Before You Go
- Tips For Traveling Turkey On A Budget
- Things To Do In Kas, Turkey