We may earn commission from affiliate links →
No Bake Biscvitena Torta – Bulgarian Biscuit Cake Recipe
Who does not love a cake made with cookies? I dare say that there is no one!
Biscvitena Torta, as it is known in Bulgaria, is a type of Bulgarian biscuit cake that is on the menu of every restaurant – from the neighborhood establishment to the most sophisticated restaurants.
This Bulgarian biscuit cake recipe is straightforward – biscuits, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon, and chocolate. And if you like, add some raisins or banana rings in the layers for an extra treat.
Bulgarian Biscuit Cake - Biscvitena Torta
- 230 gram packet of biscuits (or there abouts)
- 700 ml. milk
- 150 g of white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 60 g cornstarch or vanilla pudding
- 100 g of butter
- Mix 350 g of milk, flour, and cornstarch (or pudding)
- Mix 350 ml of milk, the sugar, and the egg yolks
- Combine both milk mixtures in a pot and put it on medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the cream thickens
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the butter
- On a baking sheet (about 25x20 cm), put a layer of biscuits
- Pour a layer of cream and repeat
- Finish with a layer of cream
- Refrigerate overnight
- Before serving top it with grated chocolate, chopped walnuts, or you can leave it plain.