What You'll Find On This Page
- Travel Croatia Tours: Dalmatian Coast Exploration
- Pin it now!
Travel Croatia Tours: Dalmatian Coast Exploration
We’re always looking for the best-of-the-best, and with this tour of Croatia, you’ll be treated to a private tour for two people and experience the Dalmatian Coast in a way you’ve never seen it before.
Check out this fantastic, 8-day croatia travel itinerary:
Split – Private Guided Walking Tour
Your Croatia holiday will begin in the historic, seaside city of Split!
- Meet your chauffeur at the Split Airport for a private transfer to your charming 3-star hotel, located near the main square.
- A private guided walking tour of Split is on the agenda for the afternoon, starting in the historic city centre with your guide. Enjoy the immense history, charm and activity of one of the Adriatic’s most amazing seaports and Croatia’s second-largest city. Discover the ensemble of Roman, Gothic, Romanesque, Renaissance and other architectural remains this city boasts along with the tour’s highlight, Diocletian’s Palace – one of the best-preserved Roman royal residences on the planet.
- Split is more than just a city of ancient walls and a historic past – it’s home to over 3,000 people. Discover the local way of life, beyond the walled palace, with an evening to your leisure.
Split to Bol – Island Transfer and Exploration
Head across the water for the next stop on your Croatia adventure to the picturesque and charming village of Bol, on the island of Brač.
- After breakfast in Split, hop on the public ferry for Supetar, heading to Brač Island (you will be assisted with transfer and tickets).
- Meet your chauffeur at the ferry landing for a private car transfer to your elegant, boutique, 4-star hotel located in the village of Bol. The hotel expertly blends contemporary styling and luxurious extras with traditional Dalmatian island features and will have you relaxed in no time.
- With the warm hospitality of Dalmatian people, you will feel right at home and ready to explore the town. Home to beautiful beaches, water sports, one of Croatia’s largest wellness centres and some of Croatia’s finest wines and authentic cuisine, the options are endless for the remainder of the day at your leisure.
Provided Meals: Breakfast
Brač – Exclusive Tour of Brač Island with Traditional Lunch
The history of winemaking on Brač goes all the way back to the ancient Greeks and is a tradition that lives on today. Taste of some of the finest wines in Croatia and take a behind the scenes look at two of the wineries where they are produced on this exclusive Brač Island tour.
- The first stop on your tour will be the small, charming town of Nerezišća, home to the Senjković winery. Tour the winery and taste the local wines – two Plavac varieties Bosso and Brocko Ric and the Plavac Mali rosé Spoza.
- The second stop on your tour will be the first Dalmatian wine cooperative building dating back to 1903, located in Bol. Here you will tour the production area and oak barriques where the famous Stina wines are produced. Taste exceptional wines such as their Plavac Mali and Pošip alongside lunch in a traditional eko konoba.
- Return to your hotel to enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.
Provided Meals: Breakfast, Wine Tasting, Lunch
Brač to Stari Grad (Hvar Island) – Island Transfer and Exploration
Another jump across the water will put you in the oldest town in all of Croatia and a former Greek colony, Stari Grad. Located on Hvar Island – often listed as one of the 10 most beautiful spots in the world – Stari Grad is by far one of the most charming towns on the Croatian coast.
- As your last day in Bol begins, the morning is yours. Perhaps enjoy a cup of Croatian coffee and explore at leisure.
- After check out from your accommodation in Bol, meet your chauffeur at 4 PM for a private transfer to Bol port where you will board the fast ferry to Jelsa on Hvar Island (departs at 5 PM).
- Meet your chauffeur at the ferry landing in Jelsa for a private transfer to your boutique, 4-star hotel in Stari Grad. Its seven rooms are spacious and among the nicest on the island, perfectly blending modern with the exquisite traditional design. A highlight of the hotel -terrace views from the rooms overlooking the harbor – simply spectacular!
- Explore Hvar Island on your own in the afternoon.
￼Provided Meals: Breakfast
Stari Grad (Hvar Island) – Exclusive Private Guided Cultural Tour of Hvar Island with Traditional Lunch
Famed for its sunshine, lavender, and nightlife, visitors are often surprised at the depth of culture and heritage to be uncovered on the island of Hvar. Explore the very best of the island’s history and culture with your own private guide on this fascinating day trip.
- Start the day walking through the ancient pedestrian town of Stari Grad, the oldest town in Croatia and once the capital of Hvar. Enjoy the abundance of postcard scenes around every corner as you head to the town’s premier cultural attraction, the impressive Tvrdalj fortress. Explore this home of the legendary poet Petar Hektorovic, complete with fish pond and stone inscriptions in Croatian and Latin.
- The next stop on the tour joined the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2008 – the Stari Grad Plain. This 80-hectare agricultural colony founded by the Ancient Greeks in 384 BC is the largest cultivated field on the Mediterranean islands. Agricultural life has continued uninterrupted since before the birth of Christ – a perfect backdrop, educational destination and example of living heritage!
- Continue east to the island’s third town of Jelsa, set around a pretty harbor. Here you will visit the Dubokovic wine cellar, home to Ivo Dubokovic, Croatia’s leading boutique winemaker. Sample the quality wines and olive oils of the island and enjoy the views.
- Hvar Town, home to the birth of organized tourism in Europe in 1868, the largest square in all of Dalmatia at 4.700m2, and the oldest public theatre in Europe, built in 1612 is your next destination. Your guided walking tour will include these and several other treasures in the town, including the 550 year-old Franciscan Monastery and the Benedictine Convent, where the nuns make fine lace from agave – one of four UNESCO heritages on Hvar.
- The tour concludes with a visit to the Spanish Fortress and a sumptuous traditional lunch served in the abandoned village of Malo Grablje – a truly unique and picturesque atmosphere. While at the fortress, take in the view from the top for a splendid panorama both of the town and the sparkling Pakleni Islands – the perfect way to end your cultural tour!
￼Provided Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Stari Grad (Hvar Island) to Dubrovnik – Island Transfer and Exploration
One final trip over the water will land you in one of Croatia’s most beautiful cities, also known as the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ – Dubrovnik.
- Meet your chauffeur for a private transfer to Hvar port where you will board the fast ferry to Dubrovnik.
- Upon arrival at 12 PM, check-in to your elegant, 4-star hotel, situated on the Lapad peninsula along the coastline. Stay in one of the 163 luxuriously furnished rooms located in two wings connected by the building’s original stone staircase. The hotel provides guests with the perfect atmosphere of traditional values of the past combined with the best that modern service has to offer.
- With no shortage of sites to explore, beaches along the azure sea, and markets, restaurants and bars along the maze of cobblestone streets, spend your evening at leisure, getting to know this ancient walled city.
￼Provided Meals: Breakfast
Dubrovnik – Private Guided Walking Tour of Dubrovnik Old Town
Playwright George Bernard Shaw was enchanted by this beautiful city, about which he said “those who seek paradise on Earth should come to Dubrovnik and see Dubrovnik”. Get to know the city that so many have fallen in love with on this private, guided tour.
- Meet your expert local guide in the morning and spend the day visiting Dubrovnik’s incredible Old Town – a UNESCO World Heritage site. Admire the magnificent curtain of walls, marble streets and baroque buildings that exude a pearly light in the Adriatic sun. Walk the main pedestrian thoroughfare, Placa, with its melange of cafés and shops. Take in the artistry and history of the numerous churches, monasteries and museums showcased in this beautiful city.
￼Provided Meals: Breakfast
Dubrovnik – Departure Day
“Doviđenja” until we meet again!
- Meet your chauffeur for your transfer to Dubrovnik Airport for your outbound flight. ￼
Provided Meals: Breakfast
- All taxes and VAT
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Professional, English-speaking local guides and chauffeurs throughout
- Breakfast daily
- The following Accommodation
- 1 night in Split, 3-star hotel– 1 double room
- 2 nights in Bol, Brač Island, 4-star hotel – 1 standard double room
- 2 nights in Stari Grad, Hvar Island, 4-star hotel – 1 double room
- 2 nights in Dubrovnik, 4-star hotel – 1 double room
- The following Tours
- Private guided Walking Tour of Split (entrance tickets for the Substructure and the Cathedral)
- Wine Tour of Brač Island
- Exclusive Private Cultural Tour of Hvar Island with Lunch
- Classic Private Guided Walking Tour of Dubrovnik Old Town (entrance tickets to 2 museums)
- The following Transfers/Transport Tickets
- Private transfer from Split Airport to hotel
- Assistance with luggage, ferry tickets and transfer from Split to Supetar and transfer from Supetar port to Bol hotel
- Help with fast ferry tickets and transfer from Bol to Jelsa and transfer from Jelsa to Stari Grad hotel
- Transfer from Stari Grad to Hvar port (ferry tickets to Dubrovnik included)
- Private transfer from Dubrovnik port to hotel
- Private transfer from hotel to Dubrovnik Airport
Cost Does NOT Include:
- Meals and drinks not included in the program cost (other than those listed)
- International flights
- Personal expenses
- Optional tours
Cost Per Person
Based on 2 guests in double accommodation starting at – €2000
Terms & Conditions
- Your 30% deposit is due immediately on booking to secure your place.
- The balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- If you are booking less than 4 weeks before your arrival, payment in full is required.
- We accept payment via credit card, wire transfer or money order.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
- We are not responsible for any loss, accident, injury, delay, defect, omission or irregularity that may occur, such as changes, additional expenses and cancellations due to weather conditions, ferryboat schedule changes and other changes beyond our control
- Cancelations of confirmed bookings:
- 90 days or more before departure will receive full refund minus a € 350 (per person) administrative fee and any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise or hotel deposits)
- 89 – 60 days will be subject to loss of deposit.
- 59 – 30 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price.
- 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
- Any changes to the confirmed program within 30 days before the arrival are subject to availability. Any such changes are subject to 50 € administrative fee.
- Payment of the deposit constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Contact us below for this, or more travel Croatia tours:
We want you to know: This post contains an affiliate link, which means that at no extra cost to you if you make a booking, I receive a small commission that helps to keep this blog free and us writing new stories to help you plan your trip. Main photo credit Marjan Lazarevski
Are you interested to travel Croatia on other tours? Check out our unique itinerary selection:
- Majestic Croatia Exploration
- Adventure Tour in Croatia
- Gourmet Food Tours with Locals
- 3 Days in Dubrovnik
- Perfect Day Trip from Dubrovnik
- Sailing Routes That Won’t Break the Bank
- Land & Sea Luxury Exploration